Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mike_in_new_orleans

Your Favorate Minis from Specific Nurseries?

I noticed a thread about John's Miniature Roses; someone was asking for others' picks for favorates since they needed to order a minimum of three. It got me to thinking, we seldom order just 1 rose at a time from any mailorder supplier, so I'm curious what people's favorate 3 to 5 roses are from each of the following mail-order mini-rose suppliers. (If you know a great supplier that I've missed, please share)

Nor'East

John's Miniature Roses

Bridges Miniature Roses

Sequoia

Uncommon Rose

I have only purchased 3 from John's Miniatures so far, liked every one I got, which included Bees Knees (to me it looks like a mini version of "Peace," Ruby Baby--a great scarlet orange sport of Hot Tamale, and Pinstripe, a terrific little crimson and white striped rose.

Noreast & Bridges I bought from a while ago,and I'm not 100% sure which came from where: Merlot, Salute, Sweet Diana, Black Jade, Doris Morgan, Pierrine, Hot Tamale, Vista, Scentsational, Y2k, Linville, Jean Keneally, Minnie Pearl, Winsome and Miss Flippins.

Of these, the standouts for prolific and attractive blooms and generally healthy growth have been: Linville--the toughest, most prolific white rose I know (actually kept blooming through 6 weeks of drought after Hurricane Katrina, when I couldn't get home to water it); Pierrine and Minnie Pearl, 2 very different but equally awsome pink bloom machines; Salute--a gorgeous deep velvety red that lasts much better than Black Jade and blooms more; and Hot Tamale, a colorful bloom machine; After these, I would add Miss Flippins, a great cherry-red exhibition rose and good garden rose; and Winsome, a reliable and trouble-free magenta/mauve rose.

A few I've been curious about but haven't grown are Ultimate Pleasure, Caliente, Sorcerer, and Andie MacDowell from Nor'East and Apricto Twist, Snow Ruby,Dancing Flame, Fall Festival, and Sweet Melody from John's Miniature Roses.

I just ordered Glowing Amber and Red Alert from Uncommon Rose and just received Absolutely--but its too early to have an opinion about it.

Opinions? Experiences? Favorates? Anyone? :)

Mike,

New Orleans

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH