Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Companion Rose for Sweet Chariot

Posted by hsummer 7/N.C. (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 08 at 11:42

I want to plant 3 Sweet Chariots as border plants right at the edge of my driveway. I'm thinking it would look nice to plant a taller shrub or floribunda rose behind the SCs. Can anyone recommend a shrub or floribunda rose that will complement the color of SC well?

Thanks.
Hope

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Companion Rose for Sweet Chariot

I think the 3 Sweet Chariot surrounding 2 Midnight blue would be nice... the colors would each bring out the best in the other...

Another nice combo is based upon petal shape and that would be to plant Rose de rescht, which is like a larger more pink version of the SC blooms... besides they both smell terrific!

Molineux or Julia Child is another option, yellow/purple is a common pair.

So is orange/purple, Tamora with SC would look heavenly as well...

Have fun deciding :)

o

Thanks for the great suggestions. I'll see which of those I can find at my local garden center and go with one of your suggestions.

Thanks.
Hope

o

I put my Sweet Chariot in front of Iceberg, I should have pics in a few days showing them both all in bloom.

o

Iceberg. Hmmmm.... That sounds pretty. Please do share. I have an iceberg in my backyard that I have actually been thinking of moving. This just might work and save me some $$ too. Can't wait to see your pic. Thanks.

o

My Sweet Chariot is a year old now, it will grow into this space quite nicely, I think. In the first pic you can see Iceberg peeking over the side. This is full sun so I never get good pics of the bush unless it's an overcast day, which I don't have many of either:) Still it'll give you the idea. I took this last night.

Once the bush is in full bloom and SC is larger, this will look more dramatic, I think.

Still it gives you an idea. The Lavender and the other rose to the side throw distracting shades together, but I like them all anyway:)
Leslie

o

Mine is planted with Starry Night and Gourmet Popcorn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here