Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adl123_gw

Moving from inside to outside.

adl123
19 years ago

I bought an unidentified mini rose from WalMart in January. It kept its blooms for a while, and then seemed green and healthy all winter, and now I'd like to move it outside. It's finally gonna be consistently in the 70's (Aiken, SC, zone 7b, close to 8a). It recently put out another bud ('bout a week ago). It's in a 6.5 inch pot. Potting mixture is the same thing I use on my african violets (1/1/1 - perlite / vermiculite / Canadian peat moss). She seems very healthy. I've fertilized every time I watered with 1/8 tsp. of 12-36-14 in gal. of water.

Questions --

Should I repot into bigger pot?

Should I plant her in the ground or can I grow her in planter? I'd prefer planter, as she could then move back in with me in the winter.

I looked at an seemingly miraculous all-in-one rose & flower care, 3 systemic products in one! Fertilized feeds and renews! Inspect control! Disease control! One application protects for up to 6 weeks! (Bayer Advanced Garden). You put 2 tbs. in a gallon of water, water rose, and ta dum! takes care of everything that could possible ail a rose. Seems too good to be true ...

Many thanks in advance! I'm glad I found this forum.

Donna

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022