Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulsiu

red and yellow leaf problem

paulsiu
12 years ago

I transplanted a mini rose that I overwinter as a houseplant. Now it looks like the leaves are turning red and yellow.

What do you think is wrong.

Comments (6)

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

If you took it right from the house and put it outside without gradually hardening it off it's probably in shock. Conditions are vastly different from inside to outside. Transplanting will also often cause shock to happen. And the weather has been up and down and all over the map. If you've had any frost/freeze warnings it may have been cold damaged as well. Keep it watered but don't feed it anything strong until it starts to put on some new growth. It should come out of it.

• CammieR62
    11 years ago

I added a post yesterday about my rose that I also recently transplanted that now has yellow leaves and looks like it is ready to die. I was asked to post pictures, but I can't figure out how to do that. There is nothing obvious that I see to upload a picture.

• paulsiu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I usually use a picture service to upload the picture and then you add an img src="url my picture". Note that the img has to be surrounded by "" brackets.

Paul

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Yes, try Photobucket. Once you've uploaded your pictures there when you place your cursor on the picture you want a box will open with 4 different addresses on it. For Garden Web you want the third one down that starts with "http". Just click on it once and it will automatically copy it. Then come here and paste it into your post where ever you want it.

• tkhooper
    11 years ago

Is the bush sunburned? I can't really tell with my computer but that would be a guess on my part. I've just started growing roses so I know very little. But it was so hot out when I put my avocado tree outside that it got sunburned.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Roses do sunburn too.

Sponsored