Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new mini from walmart needs id (pic)

Posted by eviestevie 8a Central TX (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 21, 05 at 12:25

i saw a beautiful yellow colored mini at walmart and snagged it :) the only sticker on the pot said ' 4" rose ' ... well duh! any ideas?

Here is a link that might be useful: picture of bloom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new mini from walmart needs id (pic)

Good luck. Mostly the 'grocery store minis' are Poulson roses, trying to id them to the pics on their site is frustrating at best, and they aren't registered or exhibitable in any event.

On the other hand, I just got one with a Por La Mar tag on it from the local Kroger incarnation and they said to send them some pics and they'd try to give me a name and that many of theirs *are* registered. Got that answer the same day! I'm sending pics shortly.

Suz

o

then i'll just have to give it my own name :) thanks

o

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to try to use one of these unregisterd plants as a seed parent?

o
RE: mini from walmart needs id (pic)

By the way, I successfully identified my Wal-Mart mini as a Sunny Kordana, sometimes called a Sunbeam Kordana.

I like it for it's dark, glossy foliage, petal form and bright yellow; but the bush itself has a lanky, spreading habit (good for exhibiting, as the flowers grow singly on long stems, but bad form for a garden plant.) The blooms also tend to fade as they age.

http://www.kordes-rosen.com/englisch/index.html

The pic of yours looks very, very close to mine. Check out the Kordes site to compare

o

Could it be a Cal Poly?

o

Yes, Walmart sold Kordanas this year. I was lucky to be there when they came off the truck one day. I bought Amore, and wish I'd picked up a couple more in different colors. Beautiful plant!

Susan

o

The Walmart here usually carries the Sunblaze series. I have one that looks identical and it's called Golden Sunblaze. I love it! Even though it may be a common little "grocery store variety" it is bloomings it's mini little head off for the 4th year!

o

your rose looks just like mine - I would say Cal Poly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here