Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arethey still alive?

Posted by meshell5579 6 NY (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 7, 06 at 13:11

Hey all,

I bought some mini rose bushes from Stop & shop about 4 months ago. They've been in my house. All of the flowers dried out and some of the stems also appear dry. I've been watering them (not to much, just so it's moist). I was going to plant them this Spring, but I don't know if they are alive or not. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arethey still alive?

If the stems are brown, they are dead. If the stems are still green, you have a shot. Clip the stems a bit, and if they are very dry and not flexible, dead. There are several posts here on the Mini Forum on how to successfully keep those store minis alive inside during the winter.

o

Thanks Diane_nj, I'll have to try that. I know some stems are green, but some are half green and half brown. Does that mean they are half dead? LOLOL

MEshell5579

o

• Posted by janw az9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 8, 06 at 20:09

They don`t like it indoors I get mine outside asap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here