Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OGR-like flowers?

Posted by musaboru 10a (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 13:58

I bought one with pink quartered OGR-like flowers but they were only about 2.5" IIRC. The plants were less than 4" tall! Would love to know of similar varieties readily available online please. Thanks, Dar.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OGR-like flowers?

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 11:04

Pretty little rose but it won't stay 4 inches tall! Depending on the variety it could get anywhere from 3 to 12 feet tall, lol!

At 2 and 1/2 inches in bloom size I'd say it's probably not a miniature rose but if you like smaller blooms miniatures and minifloras may be what you're looking for. There are several nurseries on line that carry both of those classes. Try Heirloom Roses because I know they are handling a number of minis right now. Others are Rogue Valley, Rosemania, Roses Unlimited, Northland Rosarium and Burlington Rosesbut there are more.

o

Thanks for the info Seil. I saw your pic of Cinderella on HMF and had to get it because it was so compact. I prefer compact plants because I don't have much space. Also got Norwich Sweetheart and Sweet Arlene from Burlington.

Though I'm still wondering if there are any roses with 3 inch flowers that can be containerized and bloom often?

o

Don't know about Norwich Sweetheart but Sweet Arlene will get pretty big. The blooms on SA are very beautiful and unique. Very rare and hard to find rose. Find a special place for this beauty :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here