Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_co_gw

how much drip irrigation for minis?

michelle_co
17 years ago

Hi,

Does anyone have a ballpark guess-timate of how much water per week a mature mini planted in the ground needs? I planted a large sized Mini Pearl, and am trying to decide how much drip irrigation to give her. Does 2 gallons per week sound close? Soil is amended clay, and she is mulched with an inch or two of woodchips.

Any guesstimates what Bambino, a micromini, might want?

Thanks!

Michelle

Comments (4)

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

Some of my minis are on the same DI system as HTs, floribundas and shrubs and I set them all at the same rate. I might go around and adjust the shrubblers if the flow isn't consistent for an individual plant. And the larger plants (Moonstone, Lagerfeld, Hot Princess) get two shrubblers. Nothing has drowned. Probably not helpful...

• michelle_co
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Diane, it's sort of helpful. :-) I give my larger plants ~5 gallons per week. Nothing has drowned, either.

Cheers,
    Michelle

• cnetter
    16 years ago

I do 90 minutes every three days for 1/2 gallon per hour drippers. So roughly 3 1/2 gallons per week per mini, including micros. And the soil is amended clay with a wood chip mulch. Near Denver. The bigger roses get 1 gallon emitters.

• michelle_co
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Cheryl!! That's perfect.

Cheers,
    Michelle

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!