Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow Sunblaze Minis

Posted by jmeeks80 GA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 07 at 21:28

I have two snow Sunblaze Minis. This year I've had a problem with black spot because my lawn sprinkler was hitting them. Treated with Immunox Disease + Insect. Was curious what type of maintenence these roses need. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to cut them back any. Last year they bloomed VERY vigerously with no care at all (just a tablespoon of MG Rose & Bloom every two months each). This year they are sickly and the buds die, although this may be resolved by keeping the sprinkler off them (was messing up my azaleas too). Also does anyone know where you can buy Sunblaze? I can't recall where these came from. I'll follow up with some pictures with the sun comes up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow Sunblaze Minis

Try some local garden centers. I don't see any vendors listed at helpmefind.com and only a European vendor in the 2007 Combined Rose List.

You can cut out any dead canes and shape the plant as needed. The blackspot you are going to have to treat regularly, as per the directions on the bottle. Immunox application is every 7 days, and it may not clear an active infection. Immunox wasn't successful on blackspot for me. Many people are using Bayer Advanced Disease Control for Roses, Shrubs and Trees or Bayer Advanced All-In-One (combo fungicide, fertilizer and insecticide). They were probably getting too much water. I wouldn't fertilize until you see it growing new leaves.

o

The Immunox finally worked after about 4 applications. The roses have put on a new flush of nice looking leaves very quickly. Now the concern is the flower buds keep coming up green, not white...is this due to excessive nitrogen?

o

You might want to look on John's miniature roses for sunblaze. I have a mandrin sunblaze, I got mine from Lowes of all places! Its is georgous, and blooming perfously. The foliage is really dark and glossy too! Guess I got lucky. Hope this helps

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here