Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
drooping buds

Posted by jennysroses MN (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 07 at 21:52

Hi all I got 2 mini roses last thursday, were doing great now I get home and see thier buds are drooping. What could be causing this?? How can I fix it?? They seem a little dry so I think I'll water a bit tonight and see if that helps! Thanks

Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: drooping buds

Do not let it dry out. The soil needs to be kept moist, not dry and not soaking wet. Don't let it sit in a saucer of standing water either. See the info at the link below, and also go to the main "Miniature Roses Forum" page, scroll down past the list of threads to the "Search" feature and do a search on "indoor". They really are outdoor plants, there is some work involved in keeping them indoors.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to save a potted gift rose

o

Thank you very much. That night I did water and the next day the buds were up much more, not perfect, but better. I do have 2 plans of minis (parade)roses. however they are different looking. The one I am having more trouble has much smaller lighter green leaves and the buds are much smaller too. The one that is doing well has nice dark shinny green leaves that are fair size and nice buds. Are there sub categories of minis? Also I do have them so the water drains out. I live in MN so the weather here has not been consistant nor very warm. When can I move them outside? Thanks again!!

Jen

o

"Parade" is the name of a series of minis created by Poulsen Roser of Denmark. They have a lot of different colors. At the link below, click on "Roses" in the left menu then "Parade".

They are grown in a greenhouse, and sometimes take a couple of days to get used to being moved into a new environment. If you do want to plant them outside. I think in late May would be OK, but I would defer to some of the other zone 5 mini growers for more info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Poulsen Roser

o
water everyday??

late may. I hope I can keep them going untill then. They seem to dry out fast. Shuld I water small amounts everyday or water a lot 1 day and skip a few??

o

You might want to try repotting them, they might be rootbound. If you have to water every day to keep the soil moist then do it, but it seems like a lot to me too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here