Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repotted grocery store mini

Posted by barb_roselover_in 5a IN (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 23:59

Back in the winter, I had purchased a very pretty pink mini rose from the grocery store. It had died down, and I followed the instructions to repot them, soaking the roots to pull them apart, etc. Mine had three in one. I repotted all three of them, but only one of them really took hold. The second doesn't look dead, but is struggling. The other is dead. The one that is thriving is very proudly blooming out in my little greenhouse. I am afraid to put it outside, although it seems like some of you have done that. Would it survive in Zone 5 weather? How about fertilizing and any organic spraying? Thanks for any help. Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repotted grocery store mini

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 10:59

It's a rose just like any other rose. Treat it exactly the same as any other rose. You can keep it potted or plant it in the ground. Feed it (once a month with any good balanced fertilizer) and water (about 1 inch of water per week) it regularly. In your zone roses need some kind of winter protection. If you keep it potted make sure the pot is large enough for a rose that can get as large as 3 feet tall and wide. The flowers and leaves are "miniature" but the plant can get as large as a regular size rose. If potted you can store it in an unheated garage for the winter, up off the floor, and watered monthly and it should do fine. If you plant it in the ground mulch it heavily with leaves or soil.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here