Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jont1

My Dr. John Dickman's

jont1
15 years ago

I just want to hear from some others with Dr. John Dickman roses about how big they get for you. I live in northwest Missouri zone 6a.

I have two of them. The first one I bought is now in it's third year and looks to be copying it's performance of last year. I honestly tell you that my DJD bush got over 6' tall. I am 6'2" and it was to the top of my head last year and it bloomed like crazy. I had heard that it was a stingy bloomer as well but I found that to be untrue. I counted over 35 blooms on it several times last year. This Spring it looks to be a repeat of last year as it is already over 3' tall and loaded with nice buds.

My other is starting it's second year in my garden this year and it is already about 2 1/2' tall already. I think it is going to copycat the other one.

I got both of these from Bridges, so they are own root and not on any understock. They are just naturally big of their own accord and apparently love where they are at and what I do to them. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

John

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor