Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jont1

Some nice mini's in my garden this Spring

jont1
15 years ago

I am really having a great Spring for my roses. The weather has been perfect and I am feeding them well and keeping them well watered and they are really responding with vigor and gusto.

Ty, Leading Lady, Dr. John Dickman, Nancy Jean, Autumn Splendor, Ingrid, Robin Alonso, Erin Alonso, Rachel,and Saluda with her over 90 buds!!--are really growing and blooming machines this year for me.

How are your roses responding this year??

John

Comments (6)

• gilli2007
    15 years ago

John, they sound wonderful. Can you post some pics? My roses are off to a fairly slow start this year due to our unseasonabley cool spring and a nasty freeze in April. Most of my minis are only just starting to show buds except for the ones that were new this spring.
    Of my new ones, Loving Touch is shining forth with many blooms as is Sweet Chariot. Joan Austin will have about 10 flowers in a couple of days. My Scentsational has one magnificent, large, fragrant bloom. I can't wait for more. My Jeanne Lajoie is looking very nice too.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    15 years ago

Breath of Spring is, unfortunately, going to be the first mini to be in full bloom. I say "unfortunately" because it is a good show rose, and the first show for me is 2 weeks from Saturday. Olympic Gold is towering, and has a lot of buds, as does Bee's Knees, Erin Alonzo and the Incognitos.

The 2 Sorpotimist International plants are attempting to out-grow Moonstone. The potted one (grafted on multiflora) is 4' tall. The own-root is shorter, but it is in the ground and tend to be a little lax in habit.

Wonderful should be just that soon. Ty is a charmer, quite a few buds, needs repotting. Comundrum continues to threaten the neighborhood dogs and cats. Leading Lady is just a show-off.

Vista is trying to fight its way from under Caramel Fairy Tale (in a pot and needs to be moved, but it is going to look heavenly in a week or so and I want to see it). Marie Jeannette is fighting still, but I don't expect much. Lots of newbies that need repotting.

Love my minis!

• Jeannie Cochell
    15 years ago

My spring flush has been over for a month and we're in triple-digits so the minis are just about the ONLY thing still blooming. The newest ones, like Leading Lady, Bonfire and Liberty Bell, will be better next year.

Norwich Sweetheart, Autumn Splendor, Caliente and Trickster are the heavy bloomers in the ground. Shenandoah, Cachet and Ricky Hendrick are the heavy bloomers in containers. Obviously, I've got a weakness for reds. Out of 180 roses it looks like about 80 of mine are minis and mini-floras.

• lesdvs9
    15 years ago

My best minis still remain, Twilight Skies, Buttermint, Angel Darling, Ultimate Pleasure, Yantai, mini flora, Irresistible, Thanks To Sue, mini flora. Hi Ho, cl, Orchid Jubilee, cl. Pennies From Heaven, cl.

Strong newer minis from last fall include Sunswept, Dancing Flame, Adam's Smile, Grace Seward and Hanky Panky and Rainbow's End. Work Of Art, cl.

Some of the newest ones coming in very nicely now would be Vista and Edisto, mini flora, Kay Denise, My Best Friend, Herbie, and Sachet.

This would be after 11 days of 100's.

• drasaid
    14 years ago

for Softee, Pink Poodle, and/or Simon Robinson?
    if this is the wrong time I can wait.
    Or if you are not in the swapping mood no big deal.
    Thanks.
    Sarah Jumel (drasaid)

• lookin4you2xist
    14 years ago

Good to see this thread may become active again! I can not help with Grace Seward, I tried to get it from Nor East no luck, she may still be under patent? Some nice minis listed here though folks! Most of mine are out of bloom at the moment.
    Andrew

Sponsored