Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Award of Excellence Collection

Posted by RCWylde 10 SoCal (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 13 at 0:58

Hello Fellow Mini Lovers,

I have been collecting roses that have earned the ARS Award of Excellence since 1982. My collection features most of the AOE minis from 1975 to 1992. I have embarked this year to expand (as space permits) through 2002. Alas, the ravages of time and the Great Recession have taken a toll on my efforts. I currently have 57 and am shooting for 81. Here is a list of the roses I have zero leads on. If you have them, cuttings would be appreciated. I eventually plan to collect ALL the AOEs and wonder if my garden would then become the only complete AOE garden.

My missing links:

Gloriglo
White Angel
Zinger
Cuddles
Julie Ann
Jingle Bells (J & P - unavailable)
Nighthawk
Regine
Suzy
Centerpiece
Tropical Twist (J & P - unavailable)
Palmetto Sunrise
Holy Toledo
Applause
Sincerely Yours
Autumn Splendor
Playgold
Little Flame (J & P - unavailable)
Lemon Gems
Michel Cholet
Best Friends

Thanks in advance for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Award of Excellence Collection

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, May 9, 13 at 20:01

The only one I have is Best Friends. It's a rather small plant but I'll see what I can do for you. My roses are just leafing out here so it may be a bit before I can take any cuttings and they won't be big ones at that.

o

Roses Unlimited shows Palmetto Sunrise and Autumn Splendor on their list.

If you haven't already contacted Burling Leong at Burlington Roses, do so.

o

Thanks! So far I have ordered the two Diane_nj found for me. Keep those suggestions coming. Ü

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here