Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No flowers :-(

Posted by Melinda9903 z9 New Orleans (My Page) on
Thu, May 19, 05 at 1:41

I have 3 mini roses. When I bought them from Home Depot, they were blooming beautifully and continued to do so for a few weeks. Later, all of the blooms were done - but no new ones have grown. The foliage is branching out and is nice and green (some of it is red) but there are no flowers and no buds -- what can I do to fix this? I haven't over-fertilized it - I don't know what's up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No flowers :-(

You pinched or cut off the old blooms, right? And the plants are outside now? If not, then plant them outside. OK, now the plant is growing roots, and the new canes will eventually set buds. This usually takes 3 - 5 weeks for minis, with rebloom cycles 4 - 6 weeks once the plant is established.

And yes, some canes and new leaves start out red because they haven't had much exposure to the sun. Patience, and you will be rewarded.

o

Not to worry. The flowers will come. They are busy right now
growing roots and branches. Can't do everything at once!

o

Some minis are once bloomers. This gets overlooked ALOT. I've got a red mini that came with my house and I"m guessing came from Lowes or the grocery store. It puts on a great display every spring but it NEVER reblooms. Not all roses do and yours may not either. May not be anything you are doing wrong, just a possibility.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here