o
Memphis Music

Posted by Joyce_d Fl 9 (My Page) on
Sun, May 8, 05 at 9:04

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the Mini rose Memphis Music. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Memphis Music

Joyce, it's not showing up on Helpmefind.com, I'll check the Combined Rose List this evening to see who might have it.

o

It's not listed in the CRL either. The only other choice would be to go over to the Rose Propagation forum, check on the "Exchanges" link and post a WANTED listing.

o

• Posted by Glenn 7 Memphis (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 13, 05 at 18:41

Joyce,
Are you still looking for Memphis Music? Whit Wells, the hybridizer, sells roses from his nursery, Wells Mid-South Roses. His phone number is (901) 476-6064. He also has Louisville Lady, a deep pink mini-flora, and Memphis King, a dark red mini-flora. Where did you see or hear about Memphis Music? Glenn

o

I have Memphis Music I got it from cool roses there phone number is in the ars magazine it is dark red with strips of yellow i love it great mini

o

I saw this rose at the San Diego County Fair and it is just gorgeous. Anyone know of a website that sells it? Is it just available as a miniature?

Thanks.

o

Almost Heaven Roses has it listed, but check if they still have it in stock.

Memphis Music is a miniature. Moore's Roses usually carries Abracadabra and Hocus Pocus, two hybrid teas that have similar coloring as MM, but Moore's has stopped shipping for the season.

Here is a link that might be useful: Almost Heaven Roses

o

Two Sisters Roses has it as well. It is on my wish list for the future!

Here is a link that might be useful: Two Sisters Roses

o

I was going to suggest Two Sisters Roses, as well. I bought mine from Almost Heaven. BUT... they've told me they are no longer going to sell it, because its a very unstable sport of Memphis Magic. That means, when they propagate, there's no telling whether or not the new plants will actually have the distinctive striping. Almost Heaven has received some complaints from customers as a result and no longer wants to mess with it. Better order from Two Sisters while they're still willing to deal with it. Mine, by the way, did not turn out right. It has no stripes. It's not exactly a reversion to Memphis Magic, however, since the petals have a pale parchment colored reverse. At least, the roses are still beautiful and last just as long (easily 2 weeks or more) on the bush or cut as do Memphis Music or Memphis Magic. Still that deep black cherry color. Almost Heaven was good about it, by the way. When I called to report the blooms had no stripes, they offered me a refund or credit.

There's something about striped sports; they're almost always unstable, it seems. I had similar experience trying to buy Careless Love, a variably striped sport from the Radiance line. Mine was solid shell-pink. And I've heard that Hocus Pocus also is notoriously unstable. I guess you can hedge your bets by ordering 2 or 3 at a time.

Mike

o

I bought mine from Whit's greenhouse and picked one that was blooming with the stripe. I know he has said that it has a chance of reverting back. If that happens, I'll just have another Memphis Magic. That's not too bad...

o

Whit Wells is an outstanding hybridizer. When he was looking for a name for Memphis Music he first thought of "Halfbreed" because of the coloration. Robbie Tucker of Rosemania told him that the name "Halfbreed" would not sell. He had one initially that was half red and half yellow, thus the initial name of "Halfbreed."

I was recently at his greenhouse and he has a number of seedlings that look very good. You will get good miniatures as well as other roses from Whit. He usually field tests at least three years before moving on in the process.

o

I bought Memphis Music in March. It has taken until just recently to have much growth. Now the bush is putting out 10-12 blooms each cycle. They will last quite a long time on the bush. It is much like Memphis King in that respect. When you get a really striking multicolored bloom it is spectacular.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here