Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mini rose - can share a trellis? plant spacing?

Posted by connie1946 NE WI (My Page) on
Thu, May 18, 06 at 9:09

My sister has sent me a gift of a "Pink Above All" miniature rose. It arrived (Door County WISCONSIN zone 5) from NorEast about a week ago. Since it's been mostly rainy, cloudy windy and in the 50' I've kept it indoors near my florescent lights until yesterday when I set it outside in it's original pot. Today the sun is shinning and I'd like to plant it. I've been told a miniature rose might look nice climbing on the same trellis with a clematis. I can't recall the name of the clematis I have in mind. But it is supposed to bloom all summer and it is pink in the center with white toward the edges. The clematis spent it's first year in a pot on the porch, second year out in my garden where it stayed quite small and only had a few blooms, thins year it's looking stronger...an is still small compared to my jackmani (sp?).I am thinking of putting the "Pink Above All" miniature rose near the clematis so they can climb together. Is this a good idea? or am I asking for trouble? And if I do this...how close can these plants be spaced in the ground? Also how close to the foot of the trellis would you put a plant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here