Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Abnormal Growth?

Posted by tkhooper 7 (My Page) on
Thu, May 16, 13 at 10:01

One of my minis has produced a branch that is much larger than the rest of the plant. It has buds on it and I'm waiting to see if the blooms are the same as the rest of the plant.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and what I should do about it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Abnormal Growth?

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, May 16, 13 at 20:43

It's happy! Miniature roses are only smaller in bloom and leaf size. The plants themselves can be as large as a floribunda rose. And there are climbing minis that can get 12 feet tall! There is probably nothing at all wrong with your mini except that it's starting to mature and grow larger.

o

Thank you for responding. I was thinking I needed to cut it back or something. That maybe it was the root stock putting up a branch. I'll look forward to seeing the buds open on the larger branch.

o

Minis are typically not grafted. I'm with seil, sounds like a happy plant. BTW, of my minis get to 4' tall.

o

Thank you so much for responding. It didn't produce flowers last year but i hope it will this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here