Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jan_in_wv_oh_6a

Walmart Kordana rose

Jan_in_WV_OH_6a
18 years ago

Just read the post from Seamer1 and the reply from Diane as well as the link for saving gift roses and still have questions.

The local Walmart FINALLY received a FEW 4" potted roses and one of them was called Kordana Ice (Palace?) maybe. When I came home and checked Kordana website, the advice said their pot roses do not like full sum in hot weather. This seemed contrary to everything I have heard about roses (big or little). Does this mean that I could put this rose in a 6" or 8" pot on my front porch which has a roof but is open on all sides and gets good light and late (after 6pm) sun?

Also, one of the other roses in the group at Walmart was a red (Magic) maybe. It did not carry the Kordana or any label as to the nursery. Is it likely that it also is a Kordana or could several nurseries be supplying Walmart? If it is not a Kordana would it require full sun like most roses or be treated same as the above rose?

If the Kordana roses do not require as much sunlight as others, would the chance of keeping them indoors for the winter be better?

Do these roses bloom once and then repeat cycle in few weeks or bloom continuosly?

I could not get the names of Kordana pot roses to come up, only that 8 foses with Ice or Ice Palace where found.

Sorry for such a long post. But I am so grateful for this forum and the help given by so many. Thanks to all in advance.

Jan

Comments (5)

Sponsored