Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unruly Mini

Posted by agibson 8-9 Texas (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 07 at 11:25

I have this unruly mini that roots wherever a cane touches the ground. It was sold to me as "an old fashioned cascading rose" and I think it exactly matches the rose and description shown here: http://ecolage.safeshopper.com/59/1205.htm?868.
I am about to dig up the "mother" plant, put it in a pot and spray the rest of them with Roundup, unless someone here wants one just for postage.
Since I know next to nothing about roses, maybe someone here would suggest a pot size, something to use for a trellis and make some suggestions for pruning?
I'd be thankful for any guidance you could give.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unruly Mini

That is a really pretty rose. Does it by any chance have a scent?

o

If the rose you are having problems with is red cascade I would think you could prune it back a little more if it does what you say. I have one and it does tend to grow a bit wild but that's what pruning shears are for. I can't understand why the rose on the site you listed should be 40 dollars. They are avalaible from nor east and Antique Rose Emp. for a lot less. I got mine from ARE 8 weeks ago and have cut over two dozen blooms. I think a 3 to 5 gal. pot would be good to pot it in. They seem to make very good hanging baskets too but that would require lots of watering.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They make great sprays of cut roses in small vases.

o

Yup! That's her! Mine is in full bloom and she is beautiful. I was just so excited to have found an exact matching description that I didn't notice the price. Ouch, it is high, I paid $6.95 for it at a local nursery a few years ago.
I hadn't thought of a hanging basket, I will give it a try with one of the babies. It's a pity that she has little or no fragrance.
Thanks very much for the advice!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here