Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stcbutterfly1

Leaves turning yellow

stcbutterfly1
10 years ago

I have a climbing miniature rose (sorry do not remember the name, have had it for years) some of the leaves are turning yellow. It is not the new leaves. I just fertilized it with Fish Emulsion and Miracle Gro according to what I was told. Could it be too much fertilizer or does it need some Chelated Iron?

Comment (1)

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

You said these were not the new leaves? If they are old leaves near the bottom they could just be dropping from age. As a plant matures it will shed old leaves that are no longer producing food. The fish emulsion wouldn't be any problem. If you used the Miracle Grow according to the instructions that shouldn't be it either unless you sprayed the leaves with it when it was very hot and sunny. That could burn the leaves but it would turn them brown and crispy looking not yellow. Unless you get a soil test first and it says you need it I wouldn't put Chelated Iron on it. Both over and under watering will also produce yellowing leaves so make sure it's getting the right amount of water.

Sponsored