Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID this 'Blue Rose' (Pics)

Posted by janandalan Z7-NC Piedmont (My Page) on
Thu, May 12, 05 at 14:01

Hi all,
I have posted to the Rose Forum and they suggested I ask here for an ID.

My original Post:
I purchased this as a tiny bareroot rose two years ago from an obscure internet source. The only thing I remember is that it was called a "Blue Climbing Rose". It threw out seven six foot canes last year but never bloomed. I had to cut it back and pot it when we moved to a new home last fall and it's still in it's "temporary" pot right now. I know there are no blue roses, but was waiting to see what it would actually look like when it finally bloomed before determining where to plant it. The buds are blue-ish pink and the flower is approximately and inch and a half across and has a classic rose fragrance.

BTW: It now has quite a few blooms. Most folks on the rose forum thought it was an "Angel Face" except that the flowers are all under 2 inches in diameter. It is definately a climber with six foot canes last year.
Any ideas?

Thanks.
.......Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID this 'Blue Rose' (Pics)

It could possibly be climbing Angel Face. I have one new this year and its blooms are smaller than my established bushes, though that might change as it matures.

Suz

o
RE: ID this 'Blue Rose' (Pics)

Check Lavender Lassie and see if it fits. Most pics I've seen of LL show petals with pointy tips that aren't prominent in your pics. At least it is a place to check :) Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here