Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wirosarian_z4b_wi

Nor' East Roses

wirosarian_z4b_WI
14 years ago

This was just posted on one of the "other" rose forums:

======================================================

Next Tuesday Nor East miniature roses will stop their mail order business. Bellow is what you can expect to see on their web site Tues. May 26.

50% Off Sale Details

A 3-plant minimum applies to all orders.

The 50% discount offer is valid on orders placed after May 25, 2009. No other discounts or coupons may be applied.

Offer not valid on previously placed orders.

ARS new member coupons may not be applied to offer.

Valid gift certificates may still be applied during check-out.

Offer valid on orders shipped between June 1 to June 30, 2009.

Due to the closing of our retail services, plants purchased after May 25, 2009 will no longer be covered under the 90-day plant guarantee.

The 50% discount is valid only on plants and does not apply to shipping charges. Normal shipping rates apply.

Offer valid while supplies last.

Due to the extreme blow-out pricing, we strongly recommend listing 1 to 3 substitutes during your check-out process should your requested varieties be out of stock at the time of shipping.

Retail Closing Details:

A message to our valued customers:

We have decided to make some major changes at Greenheart Farms at the end of this season. When we sell out of our existing miniature rose inventory this summer we will cease to be a retail mail order company and focus all of our efforts on developing our wholesale miniature rose business. There are several reasons for this change.

Why are we closing our retail business?

We are not selling enough roses through our retail services to support this business.

We are primarily a wholesale propagation company and doing retail over the past five and a half years has stretched us beyond our limits.

We are competing against our wholesale customers.

What are we going to do moving forward and how will you be able to find NorEast, Ralph Moore, and Tiny Petals miniature roses?

We house the largest collection of miniature roses in the United States and will continue to maintain this library of miniature varieties.

We will be working with all of our friends at the other mail-order companies to make sure they are provided with high quality miniature varieties and all of our new introductions. Contact them and let them know which varieties are your favorites so they have time to order them from us and have them ready for you next season.

We will be working with your local nurseries providing them with high quality miniature varieties and all of our new introductions. Contact them and let them know your favorite varieties so they have time to order them from us and have them ready for next season.

We will be offering licenses for propagation of our varieties to other large propagation nurseries so they can move forward with our diverse offering of miniature roses.

Our goal is emulate the business models of Star Roses and Weeks Roses by being providers of excellent wholesale material, allowing mail-order companies and local retail outlets to provide you with our diverse offering of miniature roses. Help us get the word out to the mail order companies or your local supplier and keep these great varieties available!

ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS

When will you stop selling your plants online?

Due to the extreme discount we are currently offering, we expect to be sold out by June 30th.

What about the 90-day guarantee on your plants?

Plants shipped after May 25th at the 50% discount are not eligible for the guarantee

Plants shipped prior to May 25th will be replaced with available inventory. Please e-mail us at noreast@greenheartfarms.com with your replacement requests.

ARS New Member Coupons

Due to the closing of our retail business and the 50% discount offer, we will no longer be able to honor the free rose coupons after May 25, 2009.

Gift Certificates & Coupons

Gift certificates and coupons issued by Nor East will be honored as forms of payment while inventory supplies last.

Please contact us at noreast@greenheartfarms.com regarding any gift certificates unredeemed after June 30th.

Will I still be able to find information on the Nor East roses I own or like after you close?

We intend to keep an online reference available after June 30th

Helpmefind.com is a great source for rose plant information on all of our varieties and more.

Wholesale nurseries and mail order companies carrying our varieties will be able to provide you plant and cultural information on the varieties they sell.

Can my local Rose Society still order plants from you?

After June 30th, all Rose Societies will need to work with their local nurseries and/or mail order companies for their plant purchases.

We suggest that you contact your favorite nursery or mail-order company as soon as possible to give them ample time to order and/or propagate plants for your fund raisers and other events.

Which wholesale companies and/or mail-order companies will be carrying your products?

We are in discussion with many mail-order and retail outlets, but no final decisions have been made.

If you already purchase from a mail-order or retail outlet that has been carrying our varieties, they will most likely continue to carry them.

If you have a favorite garden center that does not currently carry our products, please urge them to contact us for information on product lines.

We intend to post a list of retailers online as soon as the information becomes available.

Frank B

--------------

Frank A. Benardella

Comments (20)

• Jeannie Cochell
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Well, it's been hard selling off the rose society mini orders the past couple years so this shouldn't have been a surprise, I guess. Exhibitors want the latest and greatest and the general public doesn't understand why they can buy a grocery store mini for the same or less in pretty paper than the 3.5 or 1 gal containers the rose society offers. Nor'East/Greenheart Farms has been great to work with.... and, Frank, I've been a fan of your roses for several years. Keep up the good work.

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

Frank

hopfully other mail order nurseries will step in and sell more varities of your minis. I am out of full sun loving roses space, otherwise I would be takeing advantage of the sale to grab up more of them.

• wirosarian_z4b_WI
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey guys, I'M NOT FRANK nor do I have anything to do with Nor'East other than being a customer..... I just "cut & pasted" this post from that "other" rose forum. The retail mail order source for minis is getting mighty slim. Larry

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

OOPS

I just assumed that when I read the post. Thanks again for posting it. And you are right, the places to order minis is getting very small. No one has the varity of minis as Nor'East. They will be missed. I just hope some of the other places that carry minis will step up and carry a larger varity.

• cnetter
    14 years ago

Well, I guess the sale will have to start early since the word got out so fast.

• petsitterbarb
    14 years ago

Larry...thanks muchly for posting this information. Thanks too, for your good response to my inquiry regarding Grace Seward. Muchly appreciated.

• jmac_2008
    14 years ago

Very disappointed about the closing. Nor'East Roses has been a fantastic resource for plants, rose advice, and recommendations. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. I considered the quality, size, packaging, and prices of their roses superior to John's and those of other mail order retailers. With it's recent acquisitions, it was comforting to know Nor'East could provide gardeners such a wide selection of miniatures for years to come. Now the luxury of broad choice and excellent service combined under one roof will disappear. Nor'East had to make hard business decisions to survive, but from a selfish standpoint, I'm sad.

• stacey_rose
    14 years ago

I just received my order of Nor'East Roses along with the notice of them closing the retail sales. I went on-line last night and order a few more roses. I just couldn't pass up the $3.75 price. Many selections were already sold out. I hope someone will continue to sell the mini's either online or catalog. Their plants were just wonderful

• lookin4you2xist_gmail_com
    14 years ago

Well, I do not know if it is over money. They certainly did not want mine. I tried to order over 100 minis for over 4 days of playing phone and email tag. I finally, after trying to get my order in since Thursday, was told to just put in my order, only to go on the website to see we are not taking orders. I call again ....only to be told oh we have the order that I sent in an email 3 minutes before ... I see you are trying to order a lot of Ralph Moore roses ... (well yes I am,) That is a premium collection! I do not think we will be able to help you I am sorry.... Excuse me? Why would you list roses for sale and not want to sell them to me? Very disappointed in the lack of communication. As someone who wants to start building a large collection of minis, I will pass on whatever they do in the future if they can not take care of the people who tried to order before they closed the site to check inventory.

• User
    14 years ago

Why were you trying to submit an order by email??? They don't accept orders that way. The web site is set up to be their primary interface for ordering, so you should have used that right off the bat and saved yourself some grief.

• Tammy Owens
    14 years ago

I tried to log onto their site today and I am getting a message saying site cannot be located. I have an order coming soon, or at least I hope so. Any one else having issues or is it just my computer today?

Tammy

• cnetter
    14 years ago

cherrykist, That would be server issues on the hosting site. It'll get fixed ASAP.

• cnetter
    14 years ago

Aaannd...
    it's back up. But you still can't place an order.

• lookin4you2xist
    14 years ago

trospero , I sent them the order by email just because I had been talking to them via email because my order was over 60 roses and they were supposed to do something with the shipping cost. I got an email after waiting and playing tag since Thursday (phone & email) it said to put in my order . I tried to and the site was down so i shot them the email because she knew I wanted 114 minis. I was told oh I see you want a lot of Ralph Moore roses ...that is a Premium Collection. I am sorry i can not help you. I expressed a letter to them this morning to hopefully sort it all out. In it I included all email etc.

• devor
    14 years ago

Tammy and Andrew, please be patient with us at Nor'East. We got caught a little off guard when we announced that we were going to stop selling retail and focus on our wholesale business. We saw more orders hit us then we had seen all year to date. There are only 1 1/2 people who input all of the orders and we literally had everyone on the farm who could use a computer inputting orders. We stopped taking orders on the website so we could take care of existing orders. We still have plenty of plants of almost all of the varieties. We just needed to get caught up in the office and take some time to reorganize the greenhouses, clean up the plants and double check our numbers. As soon as we accomplish all of this we will start taking orders again. Thanks so much for everyone's support and business, Bill De Vor

• lookin4you2xist
    14 years ago

Thank You for taking the time to let everyone know the situation Mr. De Vor . Also, thank you for allowing rose societies to still be able to obtain roses for sales.
    Regards,
    Andrew

• allison64
    14 years ago

I just received my order yesterday. I would like to say how much I appreciate the careful and secure packaging. Considering the major amount of orders they still took the time and care to make sure we get a quality product. Each packed rose was like a special present. I am impressed and delighted! Not one broken anything (surprising considering the FedEx man came up to my door SPINNING the box!! Yes, I told him...he said, "it doesn't say "fragile"." grrrrr) and roses in excellent condition!
    Nor'East, thank you everyone involved at getting these top notch roses to us!
    Allison

• lam702
    14 years ago

I got the email informing me of Noreast's decision to stop internet sales, as well as the 1/2 price sale. I was busy with so many things (planning my daughter's wedding, for one thing) that so I didn't take the time to get an order together. I will miss them, the roses I got last year are just beautiful, that's why I wanted to get more, and at 1/2 price would have been fantastic! I had hoped to buy several, to give as favors for her bridal shower. But the site won't accept orders now.........Oh well, thats what I get for procrastinating.

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

hpny2

You need to keep watching their website. They have stated a few posts up that as soon as they are caught up on what has already been orderd they will start to accept orders again.

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    14 years ago

I'm worried that they are not going to get caught up with shipping orders before the 30th deadline... Do you think they might extend the deadline?