Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problems with mini...

Posted by missourigrl02 z6 MO (My Page) on
Wed, May 11, 05 at 14:44

I couldn't log in with my usual name (missourigrl) for some reason. Anyway, I noticed today that the edges of some of the leaves are turning brown and some of the stems with new buds on them are turning yellow and dying. What does this mean? I just repotted it over the weekend into a 10" pot and kept it out of direct sunlight for a couple of days as suggested. I have not fertilized it. Just wondering what could be wrong?

Thanks!
Kristen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problems with mini...

How much have you watered it? It may be going through transplant shock, which happens. It still needs to be watered, but no fertilizing until it snaps back and puts out new growth.

o

I watered it after I transplanted it and I don't think I've watered it between then and today.

o
Picture...

here is a pic. You can see the brown edges on some of the leaves and below you can see the buds with yellow stems. Some of them have died before even opening up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pink and White Rose

o

It's either too wet or too dry, I think maybe dry. Check the potting mix, not just the top. Water. Transplanting is stressful and watering helps.

o

I agree, it needs more water immediately after transplant for at least a week. In my zone, I have to water daily anyway this time of year. Also, I've noticed with mine that the original soil the mini's are in are usually so full of roots that the old portion of soil/dirt dries much faster than the new potting mix you added, so you can sort of have a dry spot in the middle of moist if you don't water frequently until the rose has sent roots out into the new soil.

Suz

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here