Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Names of Lavender climbing miniatures..

Posted by bojo96 z5 IL (My Page) on
Thu, May 5, 05 at 15:51

HI..I've been trying to identify this rose I found at the house we bought 2 years ago, and it suddenly hit me that I may have been having so much trouble because I was looking in the wrong spot. It may have something to do with the fact I've been reading about 4-6" blooms and this one only has approx. 2" blooms...anyway..small description:
5 small leaflets per leaf
SLIGHTLY curved needle like thorns
Purple buds that open into a pure lavender color
Full flowers with no stamens (at least none showing..I believe it's called fully double after my searches, but I'm new so...)
oh yeah...it's about 4' tall right now, once blooming and the older canes turn woody but put on flowers
Don't expect an ID but some names of possible mini's that I can look up would be greatly appreciated. (I've tried the ID this rose forum with no luck) Don't have pics yet as it still too chilly here for buds and blooms
Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Names of Lavender climbing miniatures..

Helpmefind.com Advanced Search. Click on "Bloom" or "Habit" and click the check boxes to try combinations. Or, you can just click on "Bloom" then "Color" and try looking at the list of "Lavender" roses.

Oh, and is it fragrant? Does it repeat bloom or is it a once-bloomer (could be one of the Antique roses)?

o
RE: Names of Lavender climbing miniatures..

Hi Diane and thank you... it is fragrant and once bloomer.
I've tried helpmefind, but maybe i'm putting in to many options...will try just lavender. Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here