Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minitwenty

minature moss roses

minitwenty
15 years ago

Hey Everyone;

I am a new member,but i have been growing mini's since 1971,

I am looking for a source for mini moss roses, i used to get some fron Moore but they are going out of buisness.

If anyone has any info. i would appreciate. thanks

Comments (12)

• gilli2007
    15 years ago

The only place I know that has only a couple of mini moss roses is Classic Miniature Roses in British Columbia. I don't think they ship out of country so it is no good for you. Sorry.

• cuyahogakid
    15 years ago

Hi minitwenty,
    I too am very fond of my miniature moss roses. I grow 'Secret Recipe', 'Kara', 'Fuzzy Wuzzy Red', Rose Gilardi', 'Dresden Doll', 'Strawberry Swirl'. What moss miniature roses do you grow?

'Help Me Find Roses' is the best place on the net to source roses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Help me Find Roses, Peonies, Clematis.

• gilli2007
    15 years ago

Hello Cuyahogakid,

I had a look at HMF at the mini mosses that you have. I really like the Secret Recipe one.
    I grow only three...Paintbrush, Dresden Doll and Mood Music. Mood music is new this year but so far I'm pleased with it.

• joebar
    15 years ago

i have twi i just bought, but i am in langley B.C. where select roses sells a few. Nana's Rose is one and Coral Reef is the other.

• cuyahogakid
    15 years ago

Hi gilli2007,
    I nearly got 'Mood Music' from Sequoia this spring. If it was more orange I would have.

Instead I bought the white mini 'Mistee'. 'Mistee' is a light yellow that blushes pink in the sun. I plan to see if 'Mistee' will make an interesting subject to photograph.

• minitwenty
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well I am not having much luck finding anyplace to order minature moss roses,
    Anybody willing to start some cuttings and mail,I would be happy to pay for shipping and for your trouble,would also trade some cuttings if anybody wants, thanks

• gilli2007
    15 years ago

I was a little surprised with my Mood Music, Cuyahogakid. It is much more pink than I was expecting. It was listed as being orange. I don't mind either way though as it is looking lovely so far.

Joebar, I didn't realise that Select sold mini moss roses. I'm in Kamloops and have been wanting to come down to Langley and have a look in Select. The weather hasn't been too attractive over the spring. Didn't fancy tackling the Coquihalla.

Minitwenty, I don't know the regulations about sending cuttings to the States from Canada. Are you familiar with the Customs regulations?

• minitwenty
    Original Author
    15 years ago

gilli2007,thanks for asking, but no i am not sure how customs works,there is a couple of nurserys that ship to the states but don't have what i want.
    I have learned i can get several mini moss roses from
    Vintage Gardens, have to wait until there ready, they will notify me by e-mail,kind of expensive but thats life.

• gilli2007
    15 years ago

Minitwenty,

Glad you found a source for your mini mosses. I'm sure they will be worth the wait and the expense.

• pacnwgrdngirl
    15 years ago

I'm still waiting for all of mine to bloom. I got Love & Peace(stripe) Dresden Doll, and Fuzzy Wuzzy Red from Sequoia around Christmas. I got lots of other minis too. Iced Tea is blooming now and is beauitiful! :o) There is a place in Alsaka that sells moss minis - check it out. I would like to get a few more. They do have some mini mosses. Don't how high shipping would be, but it seems to be the only game in town.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chill Out Roses

• cuyahogakid
    15 years ago

Hi minitwenty,
    You can buy 'Strawberry Swirl' at Heirloom Roses.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.heirloomroses.com

• cuyahogakid
    15 years ago

Hi minitwenty,
    I found you another moss rose.
    You can buy 'Dresden Doll' at John's Miniature Roses.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.johnsminiatureroses.com

Sponsored