Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sonshine_tn

pruning, mini rose ID

sonshine_tn
18 years ago

I'm not much of a gardener, but since I need to grow the flowers I press for my artwork, I am trying.

Miniature roses never grew well for me in NY state, nor did many survive the winters there, but since I moved to Tennessee over a year ago, I am finding that plants really grow, inspite of the hard clay soil. A year ago I bought a few miniature rose plants at the grocery store (!). They were not correctly identified, but have amazed me with their growth and blooms. They are so large that I know they need pruning, but have no idea of when or how much to prune. I am hoping that this is not the time of the year to do this, since I don't want to lose all the beautiful flowers. Each plant has about 20 flowers opening every day! One that had a tag on it "lavender" is rose/pink/white striped, and I am attaching a photo, in the hope that someone can identify it. It is a gorgeous rose!

I also went to the Propagating forum and was surprise to read that I should be able to get more plants from these.

I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Photos

Comments (2)