photo minirose056_zps6ad9b33a.jpg

photo minirose042_zps9c1db060.jpg

photo minirose005_zpsa1245ee1.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kordana Miniature Rose blooming profusely -

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, May 22, 13 at 18:26

It looks healthy and happy! Differences in light and temperature will change the colors of the blooms sometimes. Is it outside?

o

Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on Wed, May 22, 13 at 18:26

They truly fit into a pot! I love them.

Right now, it is indoors with air-conditioning ... It is very hot outside, like 90F yesterday. I guess they would have stopped flowering if placed outside. I agree that it is best to keep them outside with cool nights.

o

Looks good and healthy to me. I have 4 of them. All outside. Red (Kiss) is 4 yrs old in a 10 gal decor pot. Bright yellow (Goldie) is 3 yrs old in a 10 gal decor pot. White and orange/white strip were just bought this past year. Both moved into 1 gal nursery pots until they grow a good root ball. Will probably go into decor pots next year. The Kordana mini roses are good healthy miniature roses. PLUS, Kiss Kordana (red) makes a good exibition rose for Rose Shows. I used one last week at the South Metro Rose Society's Rose Show (south Atlanta) and it got a Blue ribbon and made it to the final 8 but didn't get to the final 4. But the judges were very impressed with it. I told them they can usually pick it up at the crocery stores around Valitines Day.

o

photo elm006_zps486b9bdf.jpg

photo elm023_zps3b41d2be.jpg

photo elm011_zpsc5c84293.jpg

photo elm004_zpsddf42d75.jpg

photo elm002_zps9ed3d77b.jpg

photo elm013_zps2511d5b6.jpg

photo elm025_zpsd14b74a3.jpg

o

I'm so jealous! I don't get enough sun light in my house to have a potted miniature rose bush. I had gotten them over the years as gifts but they never did well and ultimately died off. I wish I knew a trick to keeping them. I would get them for my birthday in september and they never made it to spring. Actually don't think they made it more than a month. I suspect it was a combination of not enough sun, either over watering or under watering. I'm looking into getting one to plant out in my garden. I remember my mother had one for many years in her garden and her house wasn't all that far from mine. So it is doable in my area. Just not in my house lol

o

The pot of mini-rose has grown a lot and blooming again. The flowers are summer flowers. I will post pictures shortly.

o

The same plant in summer now. Look at the place I keep it - a west facing window =)

photo Azalea2013-7022_zpsf74db600.jpg

photo Azalea2013-7007_zps7c7462e0.jpg

o

For the rose plant in the pictures in the above post, do I need to divide and report soon?

o

It still looks great. Just getting bigger :) I think it might be time to move it into a larger pot so the roots can spread a little.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here