jujujojo_gw

Kordana Miniature Rose blooming profusely -

jujujojo_gw
10 years ago

Notice the winter flowers and the summer flowers:

Comments (9)

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

It looks healthy and happy! Differences in light and temperature will change the colors of the blooms sometimes. Is it outside?

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on Wed, May 22, 13 at 18:26

They truly fit into a pot! I love them.

Right now, it is indoors with air-conditioning ... It is very hot outside, like 90F yesterday. I guess they would have stopped flowering if placed outside. I agree that it is best to keep them outside with cool nights.

• ken-n.ga.mts
    10 years ago

Looks good and healthy to me. I have 4 of them. All outside. Red (Kiss) is 4 yrs old in a 10 gal decor pot. Bright yellow (Goldie) is 3 yrs old in a 10 gal decor pot. White and orange/white strip were just bought this past year. Both moved into 1 gal nursery pots until they grow a good root ball. Will probably go into decor pots next year. The Kordana mini roses are good healthy miniature roses. PLUS, Kiss Kordana (red) makes a good exibition rose for Rose Shows. I used one last week at the South Metro Rose Society's Rose Show (south Atlanta) and it got a Blue ribbon and made it to the final 8 but didn't get to the final 4. But the judges were very impressed with it. I told them they can usually pick it up at the crocery stores around Valitines Day.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

• sunflowersrus222
    10 years ago

I'm so jealous! I don't get enough sun light in my house to have a potted miniature rose bush. I had gotten them over the years as gifts but they never did well and ultimately died off. I wish I knew a trick to keeping them. I would get them for my birthday in september and they never made it to spring. Actually don't think they made it more than a month. I suspect it was a combination of not enough sun, either over watering or under watering. I'm looking into getting one to plant out in my garden. I remember my mother had one for many years in her garden and her house wasn't all that far from mine. So it is doable in my area. Just not in my house lol

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The pot of mini-rose has grown a lot and blooming again. The flowers are summer flowers. I will post pictures shortly.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The same plant in summer now. Look at the place I keep it - a west facing window =)

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

For the rose plant in the pictures in the above post, do I need to divide and report soon?

• ken-n.ga.mts
    10 years ago

It still looks great. Just getting bigger :) I think it might be time to move it into a larger pot so the roots can spread a little.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz