Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Almost Heaven Roses

Posted by roadrunner23 (My Page) on
Thu, May 22, 08 at 20:41

Does anyone on this forum have any ordering experience from this vendor? There aren't many reviews about them at the Garden Watchdog and none of them are recent. AHR lists several miniatures that aren't offered by other vendors that look very interesting.

Thanks,
Dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Almost Heaven Roses

• Posted by jont1 Midwest 5b/6a (My Page) on
    Thu, May 22, 08 at 23:58

I have ordered from Vernon Rickard at Almost Heaven Roses for several years and am always very impressed with the quality of the roses he sends me. They are always in the best of condition, disease and insect free, and packed to transport meticulously so they don't get damaged on the way.
I would recommend anyone to Vernon anytime.
Good Luck,
John

o

Ditto what John said. The Rickards are very nice, very knowledgeable and provide excellent plants.

o

Thanks for your responses. Glad you've had good success ordering from them. I have a pending order that was mailed to them in late April and I haven't received the roses. They've missed 2 shipping dates with no explanation and since my credit card still hasn't been billed I have no idea if they ever intend to fill the order. They don't send out order verifications or shipping notices which is something many other vendors do. I'm trying to determine if unreliable service is typical. Based on your experiences apparently it isn't so I wonder what the problem is now? Very frustrating.

Dave

o

Fantastic place. Any time I order from them my roses always get to me in great shape.

o

Here's an update. I just received a phone call from Vernon Rickard. The mixup is straightened out and he will ship on Tuesday. I didn't realize he pretty much does the whole business himself and April is his busiest month. I should have been more patient. My bad.

Dave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here