Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help!! New mini roses dying?

Posted by lescont 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 12, 13 at 21:30

I bought a pot of mini roses for my daughter and I to grow this morning we have not even had then 5 hours and already something is wrong. The pedal on the blooms have wilted and there are a bunch of leaves that are dry and crunchy. The soil was wet when we bought it so we didn't water. what should I do? Do I get rid of the crunchy and wilted stuff or leave it? Also how do I not kill this with Arizona heat?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help!! New mini roses dying?

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, May 13, 13 at 18:42

If it was inside an air conditioned store and then you took it outside to a very hot temperature that could have put it into shock. You may need to gradually acclimate it to those high temps by putting it out for only a few hours a day at first. Or find a shady cooler spot for it and then gradually put it out into more sun. You may need to repot it into a larger pot too. The store pots are usually very small. Keep it well watered but not soggy and give it some time to get accustomed to it's new home.

o
RE: Help!! New mini roses dying?

Hi, repotting is necessary. Normally there are 4 little bushes in that tiny pot. Each one will need it's own pot since roses really don't like to share. Tease the roots apart trying not to loose to many. Roses like an acid soil so you'll want to put an additive in the potting soil to give it the right pH.

I've heard the correct soil moisture to be described as like a well wrung out sponge. That description has helped me tremendously over the years.

Also roses do drop their leaves during winter. They may get confused as to when winter is so if they drop their leaves don't consider them dead until their stems go brown.

Best of luck with your miniature roses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here