Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just Bought Pinstripe, Cafe Ole, Bee's Knees, Tell me About Them

Posted by Susanjane z7 NW GA (My Page) on
Mon, May 16, 05 at 23:33

After being enabled on the gallery forum, I just ordered three mini's. Cafe Ole, Pinstripe, and Bee's Knees. Would appreciate it if anyone has them and can tell me if I made a good choice. I am in N. Ga. Will probably get addicted to mini's since I have limited space to plant. Would love to hear your favorites and why.
Thanks in advance,
Susan.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just Bought Pinstripe, Cafe Ole, Bee's Knees, Tell me About T

Bee's Knees will want a bit of space. It is a vigorous grower. I transplanted mine into the ground a month ago, and it's fully leafed out and 1' x 1' wide now, I expect it to reach more than 2' around by mid-June.

"Mini" refers to the size of the bloom, not really the size of the plant. My Incognito is 3' tall by 2' wide, and some get even larger.

o
RE: Just Bought Pinstripe, Cafe Ole, Bee's Knees, Tell me About T

• Posted by Maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Wed, May 18, 05 at 12:59

Pinstripe was new to me last year, so these impressions are only for last year and part of this. Both of mine are in containers and have stayed compact with a rounded evenly branched bush form. I would think they would make excellent landscaping roses as well as container roses. They bloom almost constantly. The pretty buds open quickly to full blooms which last a good while. No disease that I've noticed, but I spray fairly consistantly. So far I'm enjoying them very much........I don't grow Bee's Knees but I asked about it's bush form a couple of years ago on this forum. The replies were that it gets to be a big rose.
I've seen the blooms at the rose shows and they are lovely, but was told the bush shape was not particularly it's best asset. Whether that's true or not may be in the eye of the beholder.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here