Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenfanatic2003

Anyone tried NorEast's Terrazza Floribundas?

gardenfanatic2003
16 years ago

NorEast has some new Terrazza floribundas on their website, but I can't find out anything about them anywhere else online. I was wondering if anyone had tried these, and what their performance was.

Deanna

Comments (13)

• Jeannie Cochell
    16 years ago

I haven't checked into this but did order several of their Light of Day yellow floribundas this year. I've got four in the ground and just gave away the one I had containered. The label said it would get to be about 4ft. So far, they're still putting down roots and haven't gotten very large but they've been blooming very well. Nothing that I'd take to a rose show, but then I'm not an exhibitor, either. I'm using these as bulk bloomers in two rosebeds and it looks like they'll probably fulfill their purpose quite well. None of them have been sprayed and I'm surprised the cutter bees didn't take their foliage this spring since the leaves are quite supple and soft.

• gardenfanatic2003
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Do cutter bees make it look like someone took a hole punch to the leaves? I've seen that, and wondered what did it.

Deanna

• Jeannie Cochell
    16 years ago

Kinda like swiss cheese holes, lol.

• klimkm
    16 years ago

Are the Nor east roses grafted? Just wondering. those terrazza roses look tempting and I have never ordered from this company.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

No, Nor'East is strictly own-root.

• bjc320
    16 years ago

About 3 weeks ago I received 6 mini's (mini's and mini-flora's) from Nor'East. They all arrived in wonderful condition and have been doing very well since I potted them up. (I live in an apartment and all my mini's are in pots on a patio.) I was so impressed with the condition of my roses that I sent them an email - something I don't do often. I live in Dallas TX so I was concerned about getting them in the middle of the summer. I don't have room for the Terrazza Floribundas this year but they are certainly pretty.

• klimkm
    16 years ago

I just got an email from noreast advising me they are strictly own root. Thanks! I may try some of these next year. Glad to see you recommend that vendor bjc320.

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    16 years ago

I have seen all of the Terrazza roses. I can't post the pictures on HMF though because they aren't listed there yet...

When the plants come in the mail they are small like the size of their regular miniatures. (Picture below shows one in a pot.) It will be a year or more before they grow into full size bushes...

I think the marketing angle is to think of them as container or patio bushes...

Terrazza Bella
    {{gwi:1208198}}

• dalecrosby_comcast_net
    15 years ago

Hi

I have been looking for the Terrazza roses. I've looked on the Nor'East site and did not see them there. Could someone lead me to them?

Thanks so much!

Dale

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    15 years ago

Hmm, they are not there now. Send them an e-mail to ask.

• harlane1
    15 years ago

Nor-East no longer carry the Terrazza roses. They now have a line of Mini-Floras called My Bouquet. All pickable patio roses that do well in the ground or in a patio planter.
    Frank B

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    15 years ago

Thanks Frank!

• daleyc
    15 years ago

The grower, Greenheart Farms says that Nor East is the only seller. Yet it seems that they don't either.

What's up with that?

In the meantime i'll check out the My Bouquet.

Thanks folks!

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia