Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jilly Jewel

Posted by mdseagull 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 07 at 1:47

I have had Jilly Jewel in my Maryland garden for about two years. It really has had a growth spurt this year. Anyone here that has grown it that can tell me about their experiences with it? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jilly Jewel

Is will get tall and it will spread. I've had it for a long time now. It is pretty tough, mine isn't in an ideal spot, but it chugs along. REquires spraying here, but most minis do.

o
RE: Jilly Jewel

We moved to Florida just in time for four hurricanes in September and October of 2004. We had planted Jilly Jewel among others in raised planters that are right on the Gulf. After the storms the plant looked as though death would have been better. Mega amounts of gypsum took care of salt intrusion. Fertilizer and TLC nursed it back to health. In November of that year we won "Queen" with Jilly Jewel. It is truly a hardy rose. It does get tall and spreads but the blooms are worth it. I can prune 50-60 spent blooms at one time from one bush. It is a keeper for us. Others are Autumn Splendor, Pacific Serenade, Old Glory, Olympic Gold, Memphis King, and a number of Whit Wells' miniatures such as Best of '04, Springs A Comin, Memphis Music, Top Contender, Rocky Top, and Brighton Cardinals.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here