Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
airen21

Greetings

Airen21
10 years ago

Hello, my name is Ana Ottenwalder and im writing you guys from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Here`s the thing: my father is the best gardener i have ever met and i have always felt very strongly about wanting to follow in his footsteps and have a beautifull garden myself, we of course, enjoy different plants. while he is a Bonsai man, i love my Roses, Mini Roses, Hydrangeas and Geraniums/Pelargoniums.
the nurseries here are a far cry from the nurseries you have in the states and anywhere else i imagine, plants here have no tags , no information at all available from the employees its all just one big store, the plants are most of the time of really bad quality, the rule of thumb for these places is to sell bad plants so that they die on people after a little while and then they have to come back for more, its been 5 years since i first bought a rose bush, it was most likely something neither one of you guys would ever buy if you follow the rule of what a grada A rose bush would be, i still bought it and tried my best to get it to thrive but to no success, what i wanted to do was to try and get a plant healthy enough to take cuttings from and try and make a new, more healthy plant myself but my plants never reached a good enough size for me to take them.

i amended the soil which i know its basically clay with some perlite and compost, provide good drainage putting a screen at the bottom of the pot on top of the drainage hole and putting about 2 inches of gravel at the bottom.

i have Miracle-Gro Rose Plant fertilizer water soluble to feed every 2 weeks, right now i have put off getting another normal rose bush and opted for the minis, i currently have 3 that i took from th only nursery that sells them here they all come from Constanza a mountain town about 4-5 hours away from the city which is where i live.
i wanted to know if i could post some pics of the minis for you all to see and maybe you can tell me if its similar to any rose you have seen and maybe get some info on how to get it to grow, by this point im not even about the flowers itself but i want to see big, lush foliage i want to see the plant grow healthy and eventually grow some good flowers.
i have attached one of the pics, will post the others as soon as i transfer them.
thankx for reading!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH