Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gdionelli

Do not order from Growquest!

gdionelli
18 years ago

I placed an order with Growquest for miniature roses on April 27th. They charged my credit card on April 29th. Today is June 2nd and still no roses. I left an email -- no response. I called the number on their website -- it is disconnected but gives an alternate number, so I left a message there. Still no response. Today I did some googling and found out that others are having the same problem.

Here is a link that might be useful: Growquest comments on davesgarden

Comments (12)

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

You should have asked here first, there are stories to tell. I don't know if Cindi ever got her order from last year...

• gdionelli
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Actually, I got the idea to go to them from some posting here. I should have run a search for other postings. Now I know!

• joan_ontheprairie
    18 years ago

Thank you!

• trospero
    18 years ago

Look them up on Garden Watchdog and see what their service is like.

• Portiemom
    18 years ago

I had a bad experience with them also. I eventually got my roses, but it took a lot of calling and emailing. There are a lot better sources.

• tussy_mussy
    18 years ago

When I first heard about them, I was excited to learn that they were very close to me. I emailed them wanting to know if I could drive in and purchase some of their roses. The didn't even bother to respond to my email! That in it's self was a pretty good clue as to how they would value their customers...then I read the Garden Watchdog posts and was glad I didn't do any business with them. I only do business with companies that value me as a customer.

• barb_in_dc
    18 years ago

You need to look at the main "Rose" forum. The tales about this company are LEGION. I'm sorry you didn't do a search on the whole website . . . I would NEVER order from this company ever.

Live and learn. The folks here have boatloads of experience.

• ilovegardening2
    17 years ago

The Narcissist Chris strikes Again!

• sherisiehl_comcast_net
    12 years ago

In February of this year I ordered 2 rose bushes for my Aunt for her birthday. I mailed a check for the roses and for shipping when I received the email with the amount due. I have called, and emailed, talked to the owner, his assistant, etc. Still to this day nothing has been delivered and now the email is no longer valid. My Aunt lives in Carpenteria, very close to the location of Growquest. They are scammers and I wish I had done more research on them. Shame on me for that. Never order from them!

• chevy64_live_com
    12 years ago

On 06-06-2011 I had placed an order for ladybugs. I e-mailed the company on 06-13-2011. The response I got was "I just got back from the sierra and your bugs will be shipped out today with extra bugs." YEAH RIGHT..... Ever since then no reply to e-mails or phone calls. NEVER ORDER FROM GROWQUEST.

• Stallionman
    11 years ago

Contact Catherine Mano 805-662-1703 with the DA's office to add a complaint to this case. Case Nbr 9:10-BK-16202-RR.

Chris Gilcrest is a total fraud. He should be in jail. He stole my money. He is a lier, calls you names and steals from you. He disconnects his phones from time to time and then adds another address to his business. He bounces around from place to place after he got kick out of Tulare country. Now he is in Ventura Country. This LOSER, LIER, THEIF should be in jail. Someone needs to put a stop to him.

NEVER USE GROWQUEST GROWERS AT ALL. BE CAREFUL HE HAS MANY WEBSITES OUT THERE. WRITE TO BBB AND THE FBI LIKE I DID. When you call his bluff or write something bad, he will get very mad at you, call you names and treats you like a child. Something is totally wrong with him mentally. Seriously many people have stated this.

The trees that Chris LOSER sold me were diseased and DIED. I had them checked out by a true professional. The trees he sent had too much salt, bugs and was root bound. I found out that he never grew this himself. These are knock off trees from a discount place. Basically, these trees were trashed and he sold them to me. He doesn�t even ship them to you, but throw them in an old crappy van laying down in the hot sun. He damaged these trees. It is on purpose.

Check out BBB. Don�t buy from him!! HE CHARGES YOU FOR UPS SHIPPING BUT NEVER SHIPS THEM. THIS IS BAD!!!
    He has many you tube videos that shows his plants, DONT believe it. Look at all of them, every video is from a different nursery. He goes around taking videos, post them on You tube as his own, which is a crime and then he sells you crap. He doesn�t sell you these trees at all that you see on the videos. What a TOTAL JERK AND SCAM.

HIS BUSINESS IS MAINLY FROM YOU TUBE SO PLEASE DONT BUY FROM HIM AND IN FACT CHECK OUT WHAT TRUE CUSTOMER POSTS.
    I KNOW HIS GAME. WHAT A TOTAL LOSER AND JERK.

I know his game well and here is the story. You can confirm everything by going to you tube and reading all the negative things about him. None of this is made up at all by me. THIS IS THE TRUTH. READ ON.

This guy is a thief big time. He has no nursery at all. He works out of a garage with an apartment. He drives around from nursery to nursery taking videos and then post them online to sell you items. His wife left him. His family is mad at him. His children, well, I won�t go into that. Recently his brother is in trouble. Chris Morgan Gilcrest has been in jail, and has to pay a fine. He was required to cease and decease order by the FBI. Now he is being investigated by the FBI and BBB. BBB also has alert out on his business and name. Please look online, you will find everything. I am not making any of this up.

He will either send you trees that will die or not send you anything at all. My job is to stop him and post whatever and whenever I can. There are many customers doing the same thing. We have the right to as freedom of speech. In fact what he is doing is breaking the law and is a federal crime, since he stole over $1,000.00 from customers. I hope he is jailed. I have called the FBI and BBB.

CHRIS LOSER GILCREST, I HOPE YOU READ THIS, LOSER. YOU KNOW ALL THIS IS TRUE. DONT DENY OR LIE. BE HONEST AND BE A MAN. YOU ACT LIKE A CHILD.

Contact Catherine Mano 805-662-1703 with the DA's office to add a complaint to this case. Case Nbr 9:10-BK-16202-RR.

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    11 years ago

Amazing that a criminal like this is still in "business" when so many fine rose companies have had to shut down. Hard to believe he still has any business. I have not heard of one happy customer. He has every rose listed that has ever been sold - there was one I wanted that I couldnt get elsewhere but after reading the reports, figured I wouldnt get it or he really didnt have it. Too many other good and decent rose people to do business with!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner