Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dollnut27

Victory roses

dollnut27
14 years ago

Hello, New member here. Does anyone know where I can purchase Victory roses? I bought one at our local Safeway grocery store, but can't seem to find them anywhere else. The shipment of mini roses they got in this time are not the Victory rose, but the smaller flowering varieties. I did see that others have purchased them from Trader Joe's, but we do not have one in our area. Thanks.

Comments (14)

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

I've searched the web but I haven't found victory roses for sale. As soon as I have seen a website selling this kind of rose I will post it here.

Thanks.

• phil_schorr
    14 years ago

Victory roses are a product of Poulsen Roser in Denmark. They sell to large national chains such as your grocer for sale in their stores. They seldom sell their pot roses to nurseries and garden centers since they deal in very large orders, far too big for the nurseries. I'm afraid you will have to search grocery stores, home stores and the like in hopes of finding them again. An individual can't order a rose from Poulsen. I just checked the Poulsen website and they didn't list any outlets in the U.S. that are carrying the Victory roses right now.

• dollnut27_comcast_net
    14 years ago

I wrote the supplier and was told that they would be shipping some out to Home Depot stores around the 10th of June, but so far haven't seen any here.

• nakita17
    14 years ago

I'm not sure if this would be the place to post another question..but I'm wondering about Victory Roses also. I bought a pot recently from H-E-B and am not very knowlegable as to thier care.I live in Texas..so do I need to keep them inside while its so hot? Do they like a lot of water? How often should I prune? I am new at this, but aspiring. Thank you.

• dallascarlos
    13 years ago

Hello, I have several Victory Rose plants that I'm selling on Craig's List. This is the fist time I've come across the this site so I'm not certain whether this is local, but I'm in Dallas Texas.
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/grd/1813354768.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Victory Rose

• robin32073_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I found the Victory Roses at Winn-Dixie it's a grocery store. Not sure if you have them but that's the only place I have found them.

• MStephens01_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

I have found the minature Victory Rose at Meijer's in their floral dept inside of the store. I just bought 4 of them.I hope this helps

• PurplMyst
    12 years ago

I was just in Walgreens Drugstore (Northern California) and they were putting wrapped mini roses out for Mother's Day. They didn't have identifying tags, but the varieties looked like Victory roses. They also had a better selection than our local Home Depot & Lowes usually have. I even found a purple one!

• tracydr
    12 years ago

I planted mine in the ground after Valentine's Day. It was doing great but I just noticed it getting some brown rust spots. What do I need to do? I'd also like to propagate it as I have a row by the front door which would look nice with about 6 plants.

• flointexas
    12 years ago

What I know about the Victory Rose - is the BloomRite trademark and Victory Rose trademark are owned by Nurseryman's Exchange, in Calif. In Mar of this year they were sued by the Farm Workers Union, I think it was and they protested and lost in court, they had to file for bankruptcy and it was granted in May. I got my 6 pots of roses - various colors - from an HEB (grocery store). I have three shades of yellow, a purple pink, two other shades of pink and a cream. Oh one was orange looking but has already bloomed out. It says on the tag that they are a blooming center piece and can be planted out in the ground once you enjoy the blooms and makes a great perennial. States zone 6-10.

• taylor12
    12 years ago

The Victory rose is a lustrous golden yellow rose that blooms continuously all summer. Victory has big, double, perfectly-formed blooms with a wonderful fragrance.

• jessesgrdn
    10 years ago

I got two at Home Depot today. They said they brought them in for Easter.

• jessesgrdn
    10 years ago

Picture of the Victory Roses I found at Home Depot today

• shoppah
    9 years ago

I bought my second Victory Rose today, from Shaw's (Milford, NH)!