Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19773896

Nor'East order

User
14 years ago

Hi all. First post here. Love these forums. I made an order for 7 or 8 minis on the first day of the big sale and when I got the conformation email from Nor'East it said that I paid with a MasterCard credit card instead of a Visa which is what I used. Don't know whose mistake it was - mine or theirs - but I'm afraid it might doom my order. I emailed them twice and no response. Busy with the deluge of orders I guess. I would make another order but can't deal with twice the number of roses...8 was a lot for me. Has anyone had an experience like this before and how did you handle it? I would really hate to loose this order!

Thanks, James

Comments (14)

• sunnishine
    14 years ago

they will call you if there is a problem with the cc so don't worry!

• meltednorthpole
    14 years ago

Similar situation here. I ordered mine around 5/26, since last Friday 5/31 I tried to reach them by email and phone (left 2 voice mail) but with no response. I called yesterday morning again and final got the operator and talked to Tim and changed my order; today a lady called me back regarding my voice mail as well, but of course I already updated my order with the other guy. James donÂt worry too much, it will take them a while to get back to you but they will eventually (they want the sale and $$), donÂt order another 8 roses! Oh I think it's best for you to call them when they just open for the day (7AM western time) and when you call the toll free number they will say they are very busy with the call volume but you actually can press "0" and hope an operator pick up the phone. Also try that 805-481-2234 ext.460 or ext. 488--->Jeannie

Hope this info will help you feel better.

Jing

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much for the info. I called the 800 # and just got voice mail. Your comments make me feel better about the order. I'll just be patient and wait. Can't wait to get those fragrant minis though. Oh yeah, I said I was going to wait.=-)
    James

• towerflwr
    14 years ago

Thanks for the tip about calling! I need to call, myself. I recieved my confimration (card charged) but no delivery, as of yet. :-( I live in an apartment complex and saw my apartment # was not carried over from the orginal order to the shipping address (not sure this is the problem, though) and I hope they can find the roses. I'm not sure why a tracking number isn't included. I have an order pending for my sister and was thinking about ordering a few more for myself, so I hope Nor'East can help!

• towerflwr
    14 years ago

Just visited their website, see they are overwhelmed with orders, and not taking any new ones, temporarily. My fingers are crossed there was a mix up with my shipping date and my minis aren't really sitting in a dark box, lost and lonely! I hope to find out Mon!

• meltednorthpole
    14 years ago

Oh I do hope you guys can get your roses soon! they told me they will charge my card on the 6/15 and it will ship by 6/22, so I figure the week after they charge the card they will ship out (they use FedEx)

James if you left a voice mail for more than a week then that's not good, try to reach them again before they charge the wrong card, make sure you leave your number clearly for them to call back. I am keeping my finger crossed for all of us.

Jing

• cnetter
    14 years ago

They can't charge the wrong card - it doesn't work that way with Mastercard and Visa. Mastercard and Visa start with different numbers so you can tell the two apart - see bank card number on Wiki for explanation on how this works.

If they have a problem with the CC, they will call you.

• lookin4you2xist
    14 years ago

Well, I do not know if it is over money. They certainly did not want mine. I tried to order over 100 minis for over 4 days of playing phone and email tag. I finally, after trying to get my order in since Thursday, was told to just put in my order, only to go on the website to see we are not taking orders. I call again ....only to be told oh we have the order that I sent in an email 3 minutes before ... I see you are trying to order a lot of Ralph Moore roses ... (well yes I am,) That is a premium collection! I do not think we will be able to help you I am sorry.... Excuse me? Why would you list roses for sale and not want to sell them to me? Very disappointed in the lack of communication. As someone who wants to start building a large collection of minis, I will pass on whatever they do in the future if they can not take care of the people who tried to order before they closed the site to check inventory.

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

lookin4you2xist

On another thread on this forum, Nor'east answered your question on why they are not taking orders right now. They are so overwhelmed with all the orders they have received that they are trying to play catch up. And as soon as they have they will open the website back up for orders. Please remember even though Nor'east is part of a large nursery, this section is run by just a few people.

• lookin4you2xist
    14 years ago

Rosesnpots ...yep thanks for clearing up that they answered my question ... I guess you did not bother to read my reply back to them ???? I am fine with waiting to put in an order. I was disappointed because I was not told right off the bat on thurs to put in my large order. I was not told until Mon. by email to put my order in , and the site was shut down on Mon. (any order over 60 it says to call for shipping quote , I was ordering almost double that) it's not a huge deal ... not really worth worrying about but thanks !

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

lookin4you2xist

yes I did but after I replied to you. Never the less, hopfully you will be able to get as a good amount of the minis you want.

Good Luck

• lookin4you2xist
    14 years ago

Thanks rosenpots. I am checking the site a couple times a day. Even having to wait isn't the "end of the world" they have never sent me bad roses anytime I have ordered from them. It's all good.

I want to start building as large of a collection as I can of Ralph Moore roses, when any place like this decides to shut down or go retail, it is just that much harder to find good roses. I am not a mini "freak" as a rule, I might have 30 - 40 of them at this point to me it is above trying to preserve a collection myself as much as I can.Plus you can not beat the prices. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

• rosesnpots
    14 years ago

lookin4you2xist

I can full understand your wanting to have a good collection of Ralph Moore minis. I have a few myself and with this sale I picked up Orange Honey.

Have a great week. And may they open back up for ordering soon.

• allison64
    14 years ago

I was wondering, do you all think they will extend there sales to the public past June 30? (Since they had to stop taking orders early)
    Allison

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional