Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

What should I order from John's Miniature Roses?

msrose
19 years ago

I want to get Michel Cholet and Nickelodeon but John has a 3 minimum order. I keep looking through the catalog and can't decide on another one. Has anyone else order something from there that you were really wowed by?

Laurie

Comments (14)

• Megsroses
    19 years ago

'Glowing Amber' is a lovely choice. Great color and form.

• msrose
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Actually, I added Glowing Amber at the end of last year. It's still real small so I'm anxious for it to grow up and start pumping out the blooms.

Laurie

• hershigrl
    19 years ago

I *love* Snow Ruby! It is velvety red with a stark white reverse and soooo vigorous. I highly recommend it.

- HershiGrl

• msrose
    Original Author
    19 years ago

HershiGrl - How big is your Snow Ruby?

Laurie

• hershigrl
    19 years ago

Big for a mini. This is only it's second spring and it's about 2.5 feet tall. Only about 1 foot wide though. I bet I have 50 buds on it.

- HershiGrl

• danty
    19 years ago

Laurie--I would recommend FREEGOLD and INCOGNITO as very vigorous plants (3' tall and wide for me here in Socal). VERY CHERRY is an excellent landscape mini--the flowers aren't as HT shaped as the others but it puts on a show when covered in blooms.

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    19 years ago

Hmm... just went to their website and their picture of Magic Carrousel is the wrong rose... I can't get their lavender minis to come up... ARGH!!

Anyway, what did you decide on?

My faves that they carry are:

PEACHES 'N' CREAM

SALUTE

GLOWING AMBER

RING OF FIRE

BUTTERMINT

Some of their minis are only available on the Heirloom Roses website (i.e. Rainbow's End)

• msrose
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Decobug - I ended up getting Michel Cholet, Nickelodeon, and Chick-a-Dee. They've all been slow growing so it's too early to form an opinion. I'm pretty sure I'm going to love Nickelodeon. Chick-a-Dee is a cute little pink and white striped mini. I'll have to see how well it holds it's stripes in our hot summers. I've barely gotten any blooms off of Michel so I'll have to wait until next summer to see what I think of it.

Laurie

• Adgerlady
    19 years ago

Rainbow's End, if they have it. It starts out yellow and fades, then blushes dark pink/red. When several blooms are on it at different stages, you get the full benefit.
    Sis

• msrose
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Adgerlady - Do you have Autumn Splendor also? I have it and have thought about getting Rainbow's End also but I didn't know if they were too similar.

Laurie

• Adgerlady
    19 years ago

Laurie, no, I don't have Autumn Splendor. I wish I could tell you more but Rainbow's End is new to me. I just know I've been impressed with the blooms. The foliage is great so far, but it's only been 3 weeks and I don't know how quick it's gonna blackspot. None so far, but I spray.
    Sis
    {{gwi:1208508}}
    {{gwi:1208509}}

• linda_10
    19 years ago

Look what i found yesterday while searching for a hybrid tea, Perfect Moment. Says it a Climbing Rainbows End. Wow!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• websuz
    19 years ago

I saw the title of this and thought, "oooh, one of everything!" LOL. I'm so addicted...

Suz

• msrose
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Suz - I have a feeling that sooner or later I'll do just that!

Laurie

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner