Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shonda_gw

In desperate need of help

shonda
18 years ago

I don't even know where to start. I have five potted mini's growing outside. Originally they were all in one 8 inch pot. I separated them and repotted them in 10 inch pots. I had planned to leave them in these pots until they were growing well and them put them into the ground. Well they began growing better than I even imagined. About a week or two after repotting there was new growth everywhere and new shoots. I noticed that the new shoots and growth were a reddish color and I wasn't worried at first because I thought they'd eventually turn green but they haven't. All the new growth is a red color and it's staying that way. Some of the leaves that were once green have even begun to look like they have reddish splotches on them too. Also I have white powdery stuff on some of the leaves and the leaves are brittle. I didn't think I was over or under-watering them. Now that they're in this condition I'm looking for ways to fix it. Any suggestions? I live in Newfoundland (Canada) and the weather hasn't warmed up like it usually does. The wind has been pretty stong these past two weeks and it's cold. I don't know if the weather has anything to do with it. Aside from all this there is still a lot of new growth. Please help.