Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Odd shaped leaves?

Posted by ninety Wa (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 10, 14 at 14:03

It may be kind of hard to see in this picture, but up near the center of the picture are the leaves that started growing in oddly on my little yellow rose bush. They are all long and very narrow. Is my bush sick? I bought it from lowes about a month or so back. It had the white, fuzzy fungus on it about a week or two ago, so I pinched those leaves off and took them over to the trash. Haven't seen it since, but this is what grew back. I had wanted to plant it in the ground out near my other bush, but I don't want to make it sick, too. Should I throw it out? I would just take it back, but the return isn't really worth the hassle.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Odd shaped leaves?

Can't say I see anything unhealthy, new leaves are often a different color. if you are talking about the very top growth those are stipule, where the leaves would branch out of. If you have had the plant for a month it's not really the stores responsibility to replace the rose. The rose is responding to your care.... which looks very good by the way. If the rose is a miniature and you haven't repotted it, you may need too as minis are often cuttings crammed into tiny pots and then fertilized so they quickly fill out... the little guy may need some more leg room....and there are a number of helpful posts in the miniature rose forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here