Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

mystery mini...need help identifying...

serenasyh
14 years ago

Hi, I found an abandoned stray rose in my new home with blackened, yucky exposed possible root graft with cane stumps of 3/4" diameter, and was 100% sure that it would be Dr. Huey when I saw brand new thin canes coming up from the ground and not the stumps, with short small flower buds on it ... Well when it started to bloom much to my shock, instead of the dark wine red of Dr. Huey I found a brilliant red reverse tiny bloom that had wayyyyy too many petals on it to be Dr. Huey... 30 petals and barely 2.5" in diameter.

Jerijen from the rose forum helped identify my mystery rose as a Modern Miniature rose... I have spent hours already, googling trying to find out what it is...Can you all help me? I still consider this rose "red" because it is such a vivid intense color but it does have a deep pink undertone to it. As tiny as it is you can spot it several feet away because the color is so bright...

Here are closeup pictures of it...

It has very pale, silver reverse petals, the white eye (once it's just past its full bloom and is fully exposed) and the very! bright yellow stamens...

Bird plucked out blossom for insects so the fallen flower is missing about 5 or 6 petals...

Everyone's help would be so appreciated...

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus