Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oolijan

Minis are yellow: too much water?

oolijan
17 years ago

I bought two of those "Gift" roses from the local supermarket a couple of weeks back. One, however, which I didn't notice until I got to the register, was swimming in a pool of water. I replanted both of them into two 8-inch pots, with miracle-gro potting mix. The first one - red blooms - went off like mad. The second one - pale pink - (the one in water) died off very quickly.

My problem is this:

- my reds are now showing signs of being yellow. The new buds which it produced are going yellow, and the flowers are dying. I had moved it into the afternoon sun (as it's the only sun I get where I live (in an apartment)) to try and dry the soil out a little.

- My pale pinks are almost fully dead, I think. Their stems were green a couple of days ago, but now its brown. Does this mean they are beyond saving, taht I should chuck em and get some more?

- What is the best way to water them so they flourish? I only get afternoon sun, like I said, and the heat here is very dry and up to the 100s. I can't get morning sun. Should I move them to a place where they can get a couple of hours of late afternoon sun, water them every three days, or what should I do? I really don't want them to die; I think they are beautiful, but I have a bit of a brown thumb at times, so some advice would be great!

Comments (2)