Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Over Deadheaded my mini rose?

Posted by kikisdeliveryservice (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 16:44

I may have over deadheaded my mini rose? I heard for frequent blooming you prune your roses back just above where you find 5 healthy leaves? So I did so to all the dead flowers but now my Roses's leaves are yellowing? Did I kill it? Or did I shock it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Over Deadheaded my mini rose?

You don't have to do that, especially for minis. The "5-leaflet leaf set" thing is primarily for hybrid teas to get longer stems. Basic deadheading is removing the bloom only. The plant will send out new growth that should end in a bud, and you can remove any old cane that dies off.

But, over pruning shouldn't have caused yellowing leaves. Is the plant inside or outside? If inside, then it isn't getting enough sunlight, roses want to be planted outside. If outside, then it might be over or under watered.

o

Oh, its outside. But I haven't changed its amount of water recently :(. I may have trimmed it back too much then > W >

o

It sounds like you're mini might be getting black spot. Most mini's get it if not sprayed with a fungacide. About where do you live?? Location makes a big difference.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here