Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joysblooms

Pink Alicante Dying

joysblooms
13 years ago

I am not very experienced with gardening at all, but many of my students have started to give me plants as gifts. I have been trying to maintain all of them with limited success. I don't want to give up though. For teacher appreciation, I received a beautiful rose hot pink labeled Alicante Hit. I live in an apt and can't plant in the flower bed. I went away for a few days and ended up too sick to travel back with no one able to get to my plants on the deck. The plant wilted severly while I left. All the leaves fell off most of the plant and it appeared dead. I cut down all the barren branches. There is one strong branch with beautiful green leaves still thriving. Very small green leafy things have started to grow up, but I am wondering if it is the rose or if it is some of the impatiens that i planted in a pot nearby--somehow transplanted?

So here's the breakdown:

It is a small rose bush and I think Mini in about a 6 inch pot. I am afraid to repot because it is so fragile looking.

I water it nightly on hot days and every other day when not so hot---checking the soil for dry/wet.

It is on a balcony/deck where it receives a decent amount of sun, but not full sun.

How can I save this plant? And how can I tell if the growth is a rose bush or something else?

Thanks so much,

A true green (new) grower

Comments (2)