Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Green ice or icy drift?

Posted by joannemb (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 11, 12 at 17:06

What are your thoughts? Are they about the same as far as height/width? How do they compare as far as disease resistability, blooming and color? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Green ice or icy drift?

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 19, 12 at 15:58

I never had Icy Drift but I had Green Ice and it died over winter. It never got bigger than about a foot cube either. The flowers are very small and greenish white and it bloomed in flushes not continuously. It did black spot some but I don't recall it being terrible. For me though it just wasn't very appealing so I never replaced it. The blooms were just ho hum.

I did see an Icy Drift at the nursery Saturday and it larger larger, both the plant and the blooms. The one I saw had about a 3 foot spread but only about 18 to 20 inches tall. It did have spots on it though.

o

I never grew Icy Drift but I have grown, and enjoyed, GREEN ICE very much. It is better than average in it's disease resistance and blooms prolifically in flushes throughout the spring and summer. It blooms in sprays and blooms are fully double. The blooms open white and turn a pale green as they age. Blooms remain on the bush in excess of two weeks.

Bob

o

• Posted by ditas z 4b-5 Iowa (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 20:53

I agree w/ Bob! Of all the Miniature Roses I have planted (& lost a few) GREEN ICE Planted in 2003 is my favorite as well. I have 2 both are the last ones still flushing blooms when all others have started going to bed for Winter! One is in less than ideal site but has never failed to please!!! I have not planted ICY DRIFT either.

FWIW here's my album 2011 ~ some pix are from earlier years!

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Ice over the years!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here