Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics of Graduation Day

Posted by The_Morden_Man Z4 Newmarket (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 05 at 17:27

A while back, there was a question regarding apricot coloured mini roses. I suggested a rose called Graduation Day bred by Brad Jalbert of Select roses in Langley, B.C., Canada. Unfortunately, I did not have any pics to share at that point, but now I do.

This rose is super cane hardy for a miniature, as a lot of Brad Jalberts mini's are, as well as, extremely disease resistant. I have never had a spot of disease on this mini, nor his Patio Wonder series miniatures (I have white and pink patio Wonder) for the 2 years I have had them in the garden.

Anyway, here are some pics of Graduation Day.

If you can't see the pic, you may have to right click right on the X and then left click on show picture. If that doesn't work, right click, then left click properties and cut and paste the URL into a browser. I know it's a pain, but some have difficulty seeing my pics. Others don't...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics of Graduation Day

wow that is a gorgeous color! i seriously want one now

(for those who can't see the pics, i had to cut and paste the url of the picture into my browser bar before they showed up)

o
pretty :)

What a pretty Rose! :) Would it grow in Zone 5/Northwest PA? I looked it up at "Help Me Find" but no zone info is mentioned there for this one. It would be nice to get this as a graduation gift to myself next year. :)

Thank you for any info, and again, beautiful pictures. :)

o

I love the color and form of this mini. Would love to have one. Thanks for posting the pics. Darleen :)

o

Tenderheart,

Yes, it will easily grow and thrive in any zone 5 climate. This mini rose is very cane hardy. I have roughly 50% cane loss after each winter and this is almost unheard of for a miniature in my garden. MOst dieback to the ground or a few inches above.

Graduation Day and Jalbert's Patio Wonder Series are like the "Explorer" series for miniatures. They are very hardy and disease resistant mini's. I'll post some pics of White Patio and Pink Patio Wonder later today or tomorrow.

o

Thank you, The_Morden_Man. I'll definitely keep this one in-mind for next year. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here