Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What about Lady Meillandina / Lady Sunblaze / Peace Sunblaze

Posted by RosariumRob z7 Netherlands (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 05 at 17:57

I saw it at the local nursery together with it's sport, Romantique Meillandina. They both have 'English' style blooms. I like them better than formless HT miniatures the nursery also has, but how does it do in the bloom and health department?

Would it be a nice first miniature for me?

(Hot Tamale is not available in Europe, and it probably won't be for quite some time. It's too bling bling for our refined European tastes... we're still under the pastel dictatorship, although I can feel the winds of change... :-)

(BTW, what is it with those miniature names? First, there is a series of roses named Sunblaze, by Moore. Then Meilland introduces their Meillandina miniature series in the US through Conard-Pyle, and they also use the Sunblaze designation. On top of all things other hybridizers started using the Meillandina designation!! Uch, I hate irrational name giving).

Rob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What about Lady Meillandina / Lady Sunblaze / Peace Sunblaze

These roses are hybridized for the pot plant trade - as table decorations. In this country they are grown in Canada and sold in supermarkets and box stores. They do give a lot of color but the problem is they are greenhouse forced to flower for sale and it takes them a while to recover and make new growth and flowers - if they don't croak first. They need a considerable amount of TLC to turn into good garden plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here