Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_co_gw

more minis for this season!

michelle_co
16 years ago

Since this forum is so quiet, I will post what I ordered today. Nor'East has a sale, so I helped myself to:

Baby Boomer

Black Jade

Irresistable

Liberty Bell

Live Wire

Magenta Mystique

Teddy Bear

Ultimate Pleasure

You mini forum enablers know who you are! Half the choices are due directly to you. :-) I love having the minis blooming in all the garden crannies.

Cheers,

Michelle

Comments (6)

• mike_in_new_orleans
    16 years ago

Baby Boomer and Ultimate Pleasure are beauties! And I don't even care for pink roses, as a rule. lol
    Just wait until you see your Liberty Bell blooming!! I honestly think it's possibly THE most gorgeous red rose I've ever seen! I don't have it, yet. But I've seen in in a local couple's yard and it's a stunner!

Happy rose-growing!

Mike

• diggerndeb
    16 years ago

Ya have to watch out for those evil enablers. Irresistible and Ultimate Pleasure are 2 of our best minis. I keep going back to check the list and
    {{gwi:1209060}}
    isn't on it??? Forgive me :) Sweet Arlene just started blooming. That was the first bloom to open. Fragrance is intoxicating again this year.

danged digger

• michelle_co
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dave, Sweet Arlene is on the list, you've made sure of that. It just wasn't on sale, and I stuck to sale roses this time (safer for my pocketbook that way). The most painful enabling is for Eye Paint, because I can't find it anywhere! I just love that little painted rose!!!!!! If you ever venture out to the garden and find a hole where that rose used to be, it means I have found your yard. :-)

Mike, I will find a very special place for Liberty Bell. I remember seeing photos of it last season, and it looked amazing. How is your Red Sensation doing this season? Mine had a bout of mildew after the freezes, but is throwing out long canes and lots of blooms anyway. They are very dark this season with the cool weather.

Cheers,
    Michelle

• ladylotus
    16 years ago

You are all so bad!!! I just received my order from Nor'East and now they have a sale ;(. There are others I want, but not many are hardy this far North. What do all of you do with them in the winter? If there is an easy way to overwinter them I may purchase some more. ouch....

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

Guess I need to check out the sale.I have Teddy Bear and love it.And I have Red Cascade and Climbing Rainbows End that I got from them in January.My Red Cascade is looking like its going to get a lot bigger then they said it would,but I am loving it. I wish more people would post their mini's on this forum,but seems no one uses it much.

Jean

• michelle_co
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I planted two Red Cascades last year and they shot out huge long lateral canes, and each eye node on the cane developed a basal shoot - and each basal shoot produced flowers and tried to develop into a cane (all in one short season). It was just amazing. I moved mine to a much larger spot this season and am planning to put either The Fairy or Seafoam inbetween them.

CL Rainbow's End is also verrry vigorous.

I hope you have as much fun watching those two grow as I have.

:-) Cheers,
    Michelle

Sponsored