Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about Home Depot Minis

Posted by Susanjane z7 NW GA (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 13, 05 at 20:17

I couldn't resist a very pretty pink blush mini with 2 inch ruffly blooms when I passed by it today. As I was trying to repot it, I discovered that it was actually several separate plants all in the same small pot. I also bought a very pretty yellow mini with very full blooms that is the same way, that is, it is actually several plants in one little pot. Does anyone know why this is the case, and can I grow them all as separate plants? They are labeled as being from "Por La Mar" nurseries.
Thanks,
Susan in N. Ga.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about Home Depot Minis

A lot of them come that way, also those little ones at the supermarkets. Sometime check a Christmas poinsettia -- they too are often done that way. Yes you can divide them; but be careful, they usually don't have much root structure. Remove from pot, soak in wanter, gently divide under water. Repot quickly.

They are really just blooming branches that have been rooted.

o
RE: Question about Home Depot Minis

They put more than one in a pot because it looks fuller, and they can sell more plants than waiting for the cuttings to mature. If you buy a mini from a rose vendor, sometimes you'll get more than one cutting in the pot, but more often you'll get a larger cutting that has more roots.

See the link below for more help.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to save a potted gift rose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here