Return to the Miniature Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should I did up my Jean Kenneally?

Posted by mljan z10CA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 29, 05 at 21:47

I bought 12 minis, my first, in March, put them in 6" pots, then, in May, transplanted them all, some to the garden, some to 16" pots. All are doing well except the Jean Kenneally, which is in the garden. It's much more spindly than the others. It has had a few flowers, and now has some small new growth at several points. I'm wondering if it would be happier in a pot and if I should dig it up and pot it for a while.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should I did up my Jean Kenneally?

I meant "Should I DIG up...

Sorry.

o

As long as it is growing okay, I'd leave it alone for now. Let it get settled and then see how it performs. Moving roses sets them back a bit sometimes. Only move it again if it looks like it is suffering this fall. It will be cooler then and easier to move then.

o

Thanks, I'll do that. It's got some small new growth, so maybe it's just slower to acclimate - I hope, because I really wanted that one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Miniature Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here